One thing that remains true is our promise to support our chef community; we’re standing by young chef talent to share in their culinary journey, with a reimagined competition for 2020.
Nestlé Professional has a 55-year legacy in the Golden Chef competition and now more than ever we need to maintain that commitment and demonstrate our leadership to support young chefs, to educate them and improve their employment prospects. Whilst other culinary competitions are switching off and hitting pause, we are committed to the future of our industry, as a trusted and reliable partner in good times and bad.
Aside from the 2020 Golden Chef’s going forward, we’re also broadening our horizons this year with our launch into New Zealand that will see us support even more chefs and introduce an exciting a trans-Tasman element.
“There are a vast amount of people hurting in our industry right now and - now more than ever - is the time young chefs need our support. We have a unique opportunity to show them that we genuinely care about the future of our industry. The reimagined format will still offer chefs the chance to keep elevating their skills and be a part of the supportive community that is foodservice,” Executive Chef, Mark Clayton.
The 2020 reimagined competition sees us innovate with digital activations to enable us to remotely reach and connect with chefs. Here’s the key points of the new competition:
- Chefs enter as an individual, completing an online application.
- Confirmed entrants are invited to submit a video entry, presenting a plated dish of their choice that best showcases their skills and personality as a chef.
- 12 regional winning chefs from across ANZ are selected, with additional category prizes awarded.
- The top tier 12 chefs then compete in the Grand Finals.
- One chef is judged to be awarded Chef of the Year and awarded an AUD$10k cash prize to support their culinary career.
Both our award partners and chef alumni are 100% behind the competition continuing this year. The Australian Culinary Federation and NZChefs share our collective goal to ensure that the young chef community can still be part of the Golden Chef experience and offer them something truly positive to focus on in these uncertain times.
So, please get on board and support us in 2020 by sharing the news with your networks, colleagues and employees. Entry will open from 4th May until 29th June.
Are you following us on Instagram and Facebook?