- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced or diced
- 2 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 medium courgette, cubed
- 1.5L water
- 40g MAGGI® Vegetable Booster
- 150g frozen crosscut green beans
- 400g tin of kidney beans
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 150g small shell pasta
- 125ml parmesan cheese*
- 10ml lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper & salt
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add celery and carrot and continue to sauté for a further 7 minutes.
- Add basil, oregano, courgette and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the water and add the MAGGI® Vegetable Booster, green beans, kidney beans, tin of tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and season with ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve with fresh sourdough bread.
- Try different pasta shapes like fusilli or penne
- Use gluten free pasta to make a gluten free recipe
- Use vegan parmesan cheese for a vegan soup