Sauteed Veal Medallions
This recipe is straight from Bidfood's 'Sophisticated Opulence' range. Sauteed Veal Medallions, alongside Crab Hollandaise with a Mushroom Ragout, Mash and Red wine Port sauce
- 10 Portions
While this recipe contains gluten free ingredients it may not be suitable for a gluten free diet. Please check all ingredients listed to ensure this recipe will meet your needs for gluten free.
Red wine sauce
- 50g MAGGI Classic Rich Gravy Mix
- 500ml water
- 24g CHEF Red Wine & Port Reduction
- 160g MAGGI GF Instant Mashed Potato Mix
- 800ml water
- 30ml rice bran oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 20 x 80g veal medallions
- 200g Blue swimmer cooked crab meat
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 400g mixed mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Thyme leaves, chopped
- 15ml CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate
- 300ml MAGGI Hollandaise Sauce
- To make the Red wine & Port sauce mix half the water with the MAGGI Rich Gravy Mix with a whisk until smooth. Add the rest of the water and place in a saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Turn down the heat to simmer for 3 minutes. Add the CHEF Red Wine & Port Reduction and place to one side.
- Prepare the MAGGI Instant Mash by bringing the water, to boil. Remove from heat and whisk in the MAGGI Instant Mashed Potato Mix. Place to one side.
- Heat a frying pan with the rice bran oil. Season with salt and pepper and saute the veal medallions on both sides until just cooked. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan melt the butter and saute over a low heat the onion for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme and cook until cooked. Add the CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate at the end to season and enhance the mushrooms. Keep warm.
- Warm the MAGGI Hollandaise sauce. Gently warm the crab meat in a microwave.
- To serve place the MAGGI Mash in the centre of the plate. Spoon the mushroom ragout on top. Arrange the veal medallions on top.
- Top each medallion with some crab meat. Top the crab with hollandaise sauce and pour the red wine port sauce around.
Products used in the recipe
MAGGI Natural Mashed Potato is nature at its purest. Made from premium potatoes straight from the field, packed with goodness and fresh as can be. Made from 100% potato and nothing else, MAGGI Natural Mashed Potato is a versatile base. This natural potato product allows you to instantly create the perfect side dish, or range of inspirational menu ideas such as croquettes, crispy crumb coatings and the perfect piped topping.
CHEF Signature Red Wine and Port Reduction
CHEF Signature Red and Port Wine Reduction delivers an intense red wine and a balance of sweetness and acidity to increase the complexity and depth of taste. Innovate your menu with this easy to use, classic red wine reduction paste.
MAGGI Rich Gravy Mix. 7.5kg
MAGGI Rich Gravy Mix is easy to prepare and pours perfectly over meat or vegetables to enhance and add a real depth and richness to any meal.