Gluten Free Roasted cauliflower with mushroom baba ganoush, chickpeas and pomegranate
This whole roasted cauliflower with mushroom baba ganoush, chickpeas and pomegranate is perfect for sharing and will up your plant based menu.
- 10 Portions
While this recipe contains gluten free ingredients it may not be suitable for a gluten free diet. Please check all ingredients listed to ensure this recipe will meet your needs for gluten free.
- 300g chick peas, soak overnight
- 1.5kg cauliflower, cut into florets
- 40ml olive oil
- 30ml CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 1 bch coriander, chopped
- 2 lemon, juice
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 6 eggplant
- 6 tbsn tahini paste
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemon, juice
- 20ml CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the chick peas for 25-30 minutes until tender, strain and refresh.
- Place the cauliflower into a roasting tray with the olive oil and CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate, mixing well. Roast in a hot oven 200c for 30 minutes, turning occasionaly.
- Place the eggplants over open gas flame to char on each side and until they are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly and split in half. Scoop out the flesh keeping all the juices.
- Place the eggplant into a food processor and add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice and the CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate and roughly blend. Gradually add the olive oil and set aside.
- Combine the cauliflower, chick peas, spinach leaves, and coriander and lemon juice. Arrange on a platter and scatter with pomegranate seeds
Products used in the recipe
CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate is a fresh and flavoursome concentrate, with well balanced mirepoix base and herb notes. Ideal for adding a depth of flavour to soups and vegetable based dishes. In a rich liquid form, you can add drop by drop to a dish until you get the precise flavour you want.