Gluten Free MAGGI Schnitzel & Gravy
- 20 Portions
While this recipe contains gluten free ingredients it may not be suitable for a gluten free diet. Please check all ingredients listed to ensure this recipe will meet your needs for gluten free.
- 100g MAGGI PROFESSIONAL Gluten Free Chicken Gravy Mix
(For optional extra punch add 1 teaspoons of Dijon mustard)
- Schnitzel Ingredients (4 to 5 portions)
- 500g gluten free breadcrumbs
- 125g finely grated parmesan cheese
- 15ml Lemon zest
- 30g finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 5g Garlic Powder
- 125g gluten free flour
- 1 egg
- 15ml milk
- 550g chicken breast pounded flat with a meat mullet
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, lemon zest, parsley and garlic powder on a plate. Season with salt and pepper. Place flour on a plate. Whisk egg and milk together in a shallow bowl.
- Coat a piece of chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumb mixture. Place on a tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Serve with Chicken gravy made up beforehand. The ideal accompaniment is Mash Potatoes made up of MAGGI Natural Mashed Potato or chunky fries.