Soft Chocolate Caramel
- Heat the cream in the microwave.
- Dry caramelise the glucose and sugar till a nice amber colour.
- Once colour is reached add the butter and salt.
- Straight after, add the cream slowly as it will splatter.
- Add the chocolate and whisk until all is homogenised.
- Spoon hot mixture into tart shells and weigh at 20g per tart.
- Place in refrigerator till set
- Bloom gelatine in cold water, leave to set in fridge.
- Heat the water, sugar and condensed milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Add the gelatine.
- Pour hot liquid on top of chopped chocolate.
- Using a stick blender, emulsify the mixture till smooth and bubble-less. (Use a long tall container perfect for the stick blender as it is a small mix).
- Glaze can be used at 32˚c, or stored overnight and melted the next day.
- Whip both ingredients together until a light velvety mousse forms.
- Pipe mixture on top of soft chocolate caramel, slightly under the top of the shell (leave a 1mm gap for the glaze).
- Refrigerate till set.
- Reheat glaze if need be, pour or pipe on top of set mousse, finish with extra sea salt.