Easter Chocolate Brownie Caramel Tart
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 75g cold butter, chopped
- ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (60g) almond meal
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 60g butter, softened
- 395g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- 80g butter, softened
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 100g NESTLÉ Royal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (35g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp PLAISTOWE Dutch Processed Cocoa
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 200g NESTLÉ Gold
- 1/3 cup (80mL) thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan forced. Lightly grease a 24cm loose bottom 3cm deep flan tin, line base with baking paper.
- Process flour and butter until crumbly; add sugar, almond meal and water, process until ingredients come together. Gently knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until large enough to line tin. Ease dough into tin; press into base and side. Trim edges; prick base all over with fork. Place tin on an oven tray; line with baking paper fill with dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 15 minutes; carefully remove paper and beans/rice from pastry case, bake a further 10 minutes, cool. Reduce oven to 170°C/ 150°C fan forced.
- Make Caramel Filling: Combine butter, NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk, golden syrup and cream in a medium saucepan, cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes, or until caramel becomes golden brown, cool for 5 minutes. Spread caramel into pastry case; stand for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Make Chocolate Brownie: melt butter and sugar in a small saucepan, until sugar has dissolved; remove from heat, stir in NESTLÉ Royal until melted, cool for 5 minutes. Stir in egg, then flour, then PLAISTOWE Premium Dutch Processed Cocoa. Pour mixture over caramel, bake for 30 minutes, and cool in tin.
- Make Milk Chocolate Ganache: In a small bowl combine NESTLÉ Gold and cream. Microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, spread over tart, refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled