Creamy Black Garlic and Rappa Spaghettini
“It’s simple, fresh, massive flavour and super delicious. It’s just one of those winners that everyone’s going to love.” - Shannon Martinez, Head Chef & Owner of Smith & Daughters, Melbourne
- 1kg packet dried spaghettini (100g/portion)
- ½ cup EVOO
- 120g CHEF Black Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 bunch rappa, blanched and rough chopped
- 2 lemons zest, and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup vegan Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of salted water and add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large fry pan over medium heat, then add EVOO.
- Add CHEF Black Garlic Paste, chilli flakes and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Then add ½ cup of pasta water slowly to the pan, stirring while adding to emulsify.
- Once combined, add cream cheese and stir until melted through.
- Pull pasta directly from the pot once al dente and add to garlic sauce along with rappa.
- Toss through to coat.
- Add lemon zest, juice, half of the vegan Parmesan.
- Season with salt & pepper and give a final toss.
- Plate and serve with remaining vegan Parmesan.
Click here to view the full recipe