- 40g butter, softened, for greasing
- 1 tbsp caster sugar, plus ¼ cup (55g) extra
- 300g NESTLÉ Royal
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan forced. Brush 4 x 1 cup (250mL) capacity soufflé dishes with butter. Coat with sugar, tapping out excess; place on a baking tray.
2. In a large heatproof bowl, add NESTLÉ Royal, vanilla, and ¼ cup (60mL) water; microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and mixture is smooth. Cool.
3. Stir egg yolks into cooled chocolate mixture until well combined. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar for 2 minutes or until soft peaks form. Gradually add extra sugar and beat for 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
5. In two additions, gently fold egg-white mixture into Chocolate mixture; using a rubber spatula, repeat with remaining egg whites.
6. Carefully divide mixture to dishes; smooth top. Bake soufflé for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and set. (Do not open oven during first 10 minutes of baking.) Serve immediately.