Rasberry compote filling
- Put all ingredients into a pot and boil till it slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat and leave aside till completely cooked.
- Whip milk and mousse mix till velvety and light.
- Pipe mousse into a rectangle mould half way, using a crank handle small pallet knife, push mousse against sides of the mould.
- Pipe the raspberry filling into the middle of the mould.
- Cover with more mousse and pallet knife flat.
- Freeze till completely frozen.
- Preheat oven to 180˚c.
- Combine in a stand mixer butter, sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt together.
- Add the egg and mix until dough forms.
- Rest the dough for 1 hour.
- Roll out till 2mm and cut to desired size.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
Chocolate glaze 70%
- Melt chocolate and add oil
- Mix together till combined.
Finishing the dessert
- Demould the mousse logs, stick two toothpicks on top and dip the log into the glaze just over half way (glaze should be 35˚c).
- Scrape off excess and place onto baking paper.
- Place back into freezer till glaze is firm.
- With left over mousse, fill a piping bag with a nozzle.
- Place shortbread onto plate followed by the mousse log.
- Pipe mousse in a motion from side to side.
- Decorate with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.