Gluten Free Chicken Coq Au Vin with Parmesan Mash and Brussel Sprouts
Slow Baked Chicken Coq Au Vin with pancetta, caramelised shallots, and field mushrooms served on Parmesan mash with sautéed brussel sprout petals and toasted pine nuts.
While this recipe contains gluten free ingredients it may not be suitable for a gluten free diet. Please check all ingredients listed to ensure this recipe will meet your needs for gluten free.
- 10 chicken Maryland legs
- 10 slices pancetta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 shallots peeled and halved
- 80g CHEF Black Garlic Paste
- 15 baby carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g field or mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 10g CHEF Black Garlic Paste
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 80g CHEF Red and Port Wine Reduction Paste
- 2L hot water
- 150mL CHEF Demi Glace Liquid Concentrate
- 15mL CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate
- Arrowroot or corn flour to thicken
- 6-8 large Agria potatoes, peeled
- 50g butter
- ½ cup hot cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Thyme leaves, sea salt and cracked pepper
- 10 portions brussel sprouts, halved
- and larger leaves pulled apart
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Cracked pepper
- 15mL CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Wrap chicken legs in pancetta slices.
- Arrange on a roasting tray and roast for 30-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Sear shallots, baby carrots and CHEF Black Garlic Paste in olive oil, until coloured and finish off cooking in the oven until tender.
- For the sauce, sauté mushrooms, finely diced onion and CHEF Black Garlic Paste in olive oil.
- Add thyme and CHEF Red and Port Wine Reduction Paste.
- Add combined water and CHEF Demi Glace Liquid Concentrate.
- Then add the CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate and simmer for 10 minutes, thicken with arrowroot or corn flour, or reduce until saucy. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes until soft. Drain well and mash with butter, hot cream and Parmesan. Blitz or blend to desired consistency and season with thyme leaves, sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Trim and halve brussel sprouts and release some of the larger petals. Sauté in olive oil and garlic for 3-4 minutes until slightly coloured then add a splash of water and
- CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate. Toss until tender and green. Add toasted pine nuts and season to taste.
- Serve golden chicken legs with roasted vegetables, whipped Parmesan mash and sautéed brussels. Drizzle over extra sauce and garnish with thyme.
Products used in the recipe
CHEF Signature Red and Port Wine Reduction delivers an intense red wine and a balance of sweetness and acidity to increase the complexity and depth of taste. Innovate your menu with this easy to use, classic red wine reduction paste.
CHEF Black Garlic Paste 450g
The Chinese have used black garlic for centuries. Developed through a fermentation process, fresh garlic is transformed to create a sweet and umami rich garlic flavour to use at any stage of the cooking process. Innovate your menu with CHEF Signature Black Garlic Paste. Products supplied as 6 x 450g. Use approximately 10-40g per 1 litre/kg
CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate 190ml
CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate has the distinctive aroma and flavour of mushrooms, including shitake and porcini. A tasty and economic alternative. In a rich liquid form, you can add drop by drop to a dish until you get the precise flavour you want.
CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate 200ml
CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate is a fresh and flavoursome concentrate, with well balanced mirepoix base and herb notes. Ideal for adding a depth of flavour to soups and vegetable based dishes. In a rich liquid form, you can add drop by drop to a dish until you get the precise flavour you want.