- 12 small waffle cones
- 1¼ cups (185g) plain flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (50g) NESTLÉ Baking Cocoa
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (250mL) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (70mL) vegetable oil, plus ¼ cup (60mL), extra
- 2 pkts (750g) NESTLÉ Docello Snowcap, melted
- Orange food colouring
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 cups (320g) icing sugar mixture
- Parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Place a cake rack over a deep baking tray; carefully stand cones in the holes of the cake rack.
2. Combine flour, sugar, NESTLÉ Baking Cocoa and baking powder in a bowl; mix well.
3. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil in a separate jug; mix into dry ingredients. Beat well to combine. Carefully divide mixture among cones to fill 3/4. Bake for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl combine NESTLÉ Docello Snowcap and extra vegetable oil, Microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, tint with orange food colouring. Cool slightly.
5. Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper. Carefully dip cones into chocolate mixture and lay on prepared tray, leave for 10 minutes or until set.
6. Meanwhile to make butter cream, using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, beating constantly until combined; tint with orange food colouring to match the cones, fill a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle; pipe mixture on top of cones. Garnish with parsley as shown.