Tomato and Spinach Ravioli
- 10 portions
For the filling
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease and line the base of a 32 x 23 x 2cm Swiss roll pan with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer; beat eggs for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Beat in sugar, oil, and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl combine baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and flour. Stir into wet ingredients until just combined. Fold through grated carrots.
4. Spread the mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the sponge is firm on top and springs back when lightly touched. Remove sponge from oven and cover with a damp tea towel.
5. Meanwhile, lay a clean, dry tea towel on a bench; cut a sheet of baking paper the same size as the pan and place it over the tea towel; sprinkle with extra sugar; carefully turn the hot roulade onto baking paper, peeling away lining paper; roll roulade from short side, using the tea towel as a guide; cool completely.
6. Meanwhile, to make the filling; using an electric mixer, beat butter in a medium bowl until pale and creamy; add icing sugar and beat until well combined. Add mascarpone, beat until smooth, gradually add NESTLÉ White Melts, beat until just combined.
7. Carefully unroll roulade; spread evenly with mascarpone filling, leaving a 5cm gap from edge; reroll roulade gently, using baking paper as a guide; refrigerate 30 minutes prior to serving.