- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water to melt. Use 20g of melted butter to brush eight, 1 -cup (250mL) capacity ovenproof bowls or ramekins*. Sprinkle bowls with white sugar, turn to coat surface, place in fridge to set.
- Add NESTLÉ Docello Royal chocolate to melted butter, return to heat over simmering water, stir until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat, stir in Nestlé Cocoa Powder and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs, egg yolks and caster sugar on high speed until pale and thick. Fold in chocolate mixture. Sift flour and baking powder together over bowl then gently fold to combine.
- Pour batter evenly into bowls (about 180mL per pudding), place on a tray and bake for 20-30 minutes or until pudding tops are cracked and a skewer inserted into centre has moist crumbs clinging. Stand puddings for 5 minutes. Dust with cocoa powder and serve with cream, can also be served with fudge sauce if desired.
- * The soft centre is determined by size and shape of bowls/ramekins. We used bowls approx 5cm base, 11cm top & 5½cm deep. You may need to adjust the cooking time if yours are different.
Coarse white sugar for coating
NESTLÉ Docello Royal Kibble
NESTLÉ Cocoa powder
Products used in the recipe
Cocoa powder is a great way to add a rich chocolate flavour to muffins, cupcakes and cookies.