Coarse white sugar for coating
NESTLÉ Continental Bitter (Courverture Chocolate)
NESTLÉ Cocoa powder
|Cocoa powder to serve|
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water to melt. Use 20g of melted butter to brush eight, 1 -cup (250mL) capacity ovenproof ramekins*. Sprinkle bowls with white sugar, turn to coat surface, place in fridge to set.
- Add NESTLÉ Continental Bitter to melted butter, return to heat over simmering water, stir until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat, stir in Nestlé Cocoa Powder and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs, egg yolks and caster sugar on high speed until pale and thick. Fold in chocolate mixture. Sift flour and baking powder together over bowl then gently fold to combine.
- Pour batter evenly into bowls (about 180mL per ramekin), place on a tray and bake for 20-30 minutes or until cake tops are cracked and a skewer inserted into the centre has moist crumbs clinging to it. Leave cakes to stand for 5 minutes. Dust with cocoa powder and serve with cream, can also be served with fudge sauce if desired.
* The soft centre is determined by size and shape of the ramekins. We used ramekins with a 5cm base, 11cm top & 5½cm deep approx. You may need to adjust the cooking time if yours are different.
Products used in the recipe
Continental inspired dark chocolate with intensely bitter flavour, velvety mouth feel, and exceptional gloss and snap.
NESTLÉ Baking Cocoa 190 x 12
Cocoa powder is a great way to add a rich chocolate flavour to muffins, cupcakes and cookies.
Coconut and Chocolate Cheesecake
- 10 portions
Recipe created by ACT National Finalists - Nicole Samson & Felicia Mardo
Strawberry Fraisier with Vanilla Crème Mousse, Chocolate Maple Syrup Sauce and Orange Popping Pearls
- 4 portions
- 24 portions
Mousse Mix (Cup) Cake Recipe
- 18 portions