- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 onions, finely diced
- ½ leek, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 500g field mushrooms, sliced
- 250g mixed gourmet mushrooms
- 2½ cups risotto rice
- 250mL white wine (vegan friendly)
- 50mL CHEF Mushroom Liquid
- Concentrate + 2L near boiling water
Toasted Cashew Nut Cream
- ½ cup toasted cashews
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 10mL CHEF Mushroom
- Liquid Concentrate
- Sea salt / cracked pepper
- Garnishing Ideas
- Sage leaves
- Cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
- Soak cashew nuts in boiling water and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and sauté onion, leek and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and cook 2–3 minutes until just softening.
- Remove half the mushrooms and set aside to garnish the finished risotto.
- Add risotto rice and toss to coat the grains with the oils, then add white wine and let evaporate off.
- Gradually add the CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate mixture about a cup at a time, stirring well between each addition.
- Cook rice until al dente then season to taste.
- For cashew nut cream, blitz soaked nuts with CHEF Mushroom
- Liquid Concentrate and check for seasoning.
- Fry sage leaves in oil until crispy.
- Serve risotto in shallow bowls.
- Top with reserved mushrooms and dollop with cashew nut cream.
- Garnish with crispy sage and cracked black pepper.