Thai Jackfruit Curry by Shannon Martinez
- 10 portions
30 dry red chillies (to taste)
5 stems lemongrass, white part only, roughly chopped
40g fresh turmeric
600g shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
160g garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
2 bunch coriander roots, cleaned well and roughly chopped
12 black cardamom pods
3tsp fennel seeds
8tbs coriander seeds
3tsp cumin seeds
1cup veg or coconut oil
2tbs curry powder
⅔ cup vegan fish sauce (optional)
160g palm or brown sugar
½ cup MAGGI Seasoning or soy sauce
2½ L coconut milk
50g CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate
10 Kaffir lime leaves, bruised
6 Pandan leaves, tied or torn. (frozen is fine if fresh unavailable)
8 tins green jackfruit, rinsed and pulled to resemble shredded meat. (approx 3kg)
1kg Pumpkin, peeled and diced
300g snake beans, cut into 5 cm lengths
400g bamboo shoots
Juice of 3 limes. Garnish with Thai Basil and coriander
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or mortar and pestle. Blend to a paste. Add a tiny splash of water if needed.
- Toast spices in a dry pan until fragrant and blitz in a spice grinder to a fine powder.
- Add to the blended paste and mix to combine.
- Heat oil over medium heat then add 200g of the curry paste. Cook for a minute, stirring quickly until it no longer smells raw.
- Add the curry powder, fish sauce, MAGGI Seasoning and the palm sugar and simmer over medium heat until the sugar has melted.
- Dilute CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate with water.
CHEF X Shannon Martinez
CHEF X Shannon Martinez | Collaboration announced
As demand increases for more Vegan and Plant Based menu options, the CHEF team has partnered with Shannon Martinez; leading Vegan Chef in Australia