Summer Fruit Trifle
This recipe provides a source of protein and calcium in every serve. And for a variation on this recipe try using swiss roll instead of sponge or using NESTLÉ DOCELLO Protein Enriched Strawberry Flavoured Dessert Mix instead of Lemon.
- 1 small vanilla sponge cake (300g) - vanilla sponge slab cake (pre-packaged)
- 100g apricot jam, warm
- 100g passionfruit pulp
- 300g canned tropical fruit, drained
- 250mL orange jelly, prepared not set
- 90g NESTLÉ DOCELLO Crème Pâtissière Dessert Mix
- 250ml cold water
- 500ml milk, cold
- 150g SUNSHINE Full Cream Milk Powder
- 125g NESTLÉ DOCELLO Protein Enriched Lemon Flavoured Dessert Mix
- 200ml cream, whipped
- 2 mango cheeks, fresh, frozen or canned, sliced
- Layer sponge cake into a 25cm presentation trifle bowl or 1/2 size gastronorm (325mm x 265mm). Brush sponge with warm jam.
- Layer half the passionfruit and tropical fruit over the sponge followed by all the jelly and chill to set.
- Add NESTLÉ DOCELLO Crème Pâtissière Dessert Mix to cold water and whip in commercial mixer at low speed for 1 minute and let stand for 3 minutes. Whisk again for 1 minute.
- Whisk cold milk, SUNSHINE Full Cream Milk Powder and NESTLÉ DOCELLO Protein Enriched Lemon Flavoured Dessert Mix for 3 minutes and let stand for 2 minutes. Whisk for a further 3 minutes. Fold in the Crème Pâtissière until smooth.
- Layer the mousse mix over the set jelly, top with whipped cream and set in the fridge until needed.
- Top with the remaining passionfruit and sliced mango to serve.
Nutrition per serve
Nutrition Per serve (130g)
- Energy 1025kJ (245kCal)
- Protein 6g
- Total Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Total Carbohydrate 35g
- Sugars 27g
- Fibre 1g
- Sodium 205mg
- Calcium 135mg