Sous Vide Dukkah Crusted Lamb Back Strap with a Lamb Neck Roulade served with a Pea Purée, Carrot Purée, Sautéed Abalone Mushrooms, Roasted Garlic Demi Glaze served in Caramelised Shallot and Potato Crisps
- 4 portions
CHEF Veal Stock
MAGGI Demi Glace Sauce Mix
- Trim the lamb saddle and careful not damage the backstrap whilst de boning it
- Divide into 2 bowls and in 1 bowl place the meat and the other the bones
- Combine the mirin, smokey paprika, thyme, rosemary, dijon mustard and roasted garlic and place the lamb back strap in the marination and put into a vacuum sealed bag
- Place the vacuum sealed bags in the water bath with the sous vide machine set at a temperature of 55 Celsius for 1.5 hours
- With the bones place into a roasting with celery, onion and carrot and place into the oven at 180 until brown add 2 tbsp of tomato paste and place back into the oven for 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and place over a flame, remove the bones and pour in the red wine to delgaze and then into a pot with the bones back in, place roasted garlic and CHEF Veal Stock and simmer and reduce until thick
- Cut medallion out of the lamb neck and truss. Then braise for 1 hour.
- For the carrot purée combine, pealed carrots, garlic, thyme,rosemary and butter in to a saucepan and cook until the carrot as are soft, once threw carrots are soft place into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Place the blended carrots over a drum sieve and pass through so all lumps are removed place into a squeeze bottle and put into a Bain Marie until needed
- For the pea purée combine the peas, thyme, rosemary, butter and garlic into a pan and cook until the peas are soft and place into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour the blended peas over a drum sieve and remove all lumps and place into a squeeze bottle and put into Bain mare until needed.
- For the potatoes peel them and them deep fry peels at 140 degrees in the fryer.
- For the onion boats take the inner layers of the shallots out and caramelise.
- Once the lamb neck has been braised, thicken up sauce with the MAGGI Demi Glacé Sauce Mix.
- Sautéed the abalone mushrooms with butter and seasoning.
Products used in the recipe
Provencal Style Beef Rissoles
- 10 portions
White Chocolate Glazed Ricotta Bavarois with a Citrus Curd Centre
- 4 portions
Michelle's Chocolate Moussecake
- 50 portions
Honeycomb Mousse "Choc Top"
- 24 portions