- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Combine marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the beef into a deep roasting dish. Add the marinade and cover with foil.
- Cook for 4 hours or until tender.
- Remove the beef and drain. Discard the cooking liquid.
- Brush with remaining MAGGI Legendary BBQ Sauce and place under a grill or in a hot oven until it begins to caramelise.
- Serving suggestion: On a share plate with forks to pull apart.
3kg beef brisket
1 head garlic, cut in half
1 red onion, sliced
3 bay leaves
6 sprigs thyme
1 long red chilli, chopped
160g brown sugar
1tbs black peppercorns
250mL cider vinegar
250g MAGGI Legendary BBQ Sauce
100g MAGGI Legendary BBQ Sauce
"For a more intense flavour, marinade brisket overnight in the fridge."
"Can be prepared in a slow cooker or sous vide"
Mark Clayton, Executive Chef Nestlé Professional