- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 large onions, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 sliced chillies or to taste
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 1.5L CHEF Shellfish Reduced Stock
- 10 portions skinless, diced white fish
- and salmon
- 20 large king prawns
- 5 cups lobster stock: 5 cups hot water
- 1L CHEF Shellfish Reduced Stock
- 30 cockles or 20 small mussels, cleaned
- Black Garlic Mayonnaise
- ½ roasted red capsicum, seeds removed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 20g CHEF Black Garlic Paste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- French bread stick
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley or dill
- Cracked pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté leek, onion, garlic, celery and carrot for 10 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Add bay leaves, tomato paste, chilli and wine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add smoked paprika, saffron, tinned tomatoes, CHEF Shellfish Reduced Stock. Simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- To cook the seafood, poach in the CHEF Shellfish
- Reduced Stock for 2-3 minutes until just tender, strain poaching liquid and add back to soup base.
- Reheat and season to taste.
- For the black garlic mayonnaise, blend garlic, capsicum and lemon until smooth.
- Mix in mayonnaise and CHEF Black Garlic Paste, season to taste with cayenne, sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Slice French bread stick into thin strips, brush with olive oil and toast until golden.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with poached seafood, garnish with parsley or herbs and serve with
- black garlic mayonnaise and golden crostini.