- Sauté mushroom caps top side up for 3-4 minutes in olive oil. Turn over. Season with salt and sprinkle with onions and garlic. Sauté an additional 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add garlic powder to 500mL of boiling water; mix well. Add MAGGI Mashed Potato Instant Mix gradually. Use a whisk to dissolve and incorporate potatoes and garlic. Let stand one minute, then fluff and keep hot.
- Blanch baby spinach, drain. Sauté tomatoes in 1tbsp of olive oil - season to taste.
- Place half of the mushrooms with bottom up into a full size 2” deep bain marie pan.
- Add wine, butter, pepper, thyme and parsley to the sauce pan of prepared MAGGI Demi-Glace Sauce Mix. Whisk until fully combined and the sauce is smooth.
- Heat the mushrooms in a conventional oven for approximately 10 minutes at 160° C. To serve place a small handful of spinach on a plate, followed by 1 mushroom on a bed of MAGGI Mashed Potato. Add a spoonful of grape tomatoes to the side and drizzle MAGGI Demi-Glace over mushroom and mashed potato. Garnish with chives and serve with a salad of microherbs, if desired.
Portabello, large caps, trimmed
Cloves, finely chopped
MAGGI Gluten Free Mashed Potato 4kg
Baby spinach leaves
Black pepper, medium coarse ground
Thyme, dried, ground
MAGGI Demi-Glace Sauce
Prepared, held hot in saucepan
Products used in the recipe
MAGGI Classic Demi-Glace Sauce Mix 2kg x 6
Salmon with Seaweed, Green Sauce, Cucumber & Shallots
- 4 portions
- 24 portions
Mango & Coconut Mousse Cake
- 12 portions
Honey Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- 10 portions