Mushroom Bourguignon by Shannon Martinez
- 10 portions
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ kg whole baby Swiss brown mushrooms
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large brown onions, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in boiling water for 20 min (save 1 cup soaking liquid)
- 2 tbs rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbs thyme, chopped
- 5 tbs tomato paste
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 tbs Nuttelex
- 5 tbs plain flour
- 120g CHEF Red & Port Wine Reduction Paste (NB: this is only suitable for vegetarians. For vegan option sub for 500mL vegan red wine)
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 80mL CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate
- 1 ½ L water
- Salt and Pepper
- Handful of parsley, rough chop
- In a pot, heat ½ cup extra virgin olive oil and cook off mushrooms until they have developed a golden colour then remove from the pan. May need to cook in batches depending on size of pot.
- Heat the remaining ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil in the same pot and cook off the onion, carrot and celery with a big pinch of salt until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook out for a minute, then add the soaked dried porcini, rosemary, thyme, tomato paste, Nuttelex and flour. Cook out the flour for a minute then deglaze with stock and 1 cup of porcini soaking liquid. (If subbing wine for the concentrate, first deglaze with the wine, then reduce by half, the continue as per recipe with the stock).
- Add the CHEF Red & Port Wine Reduction Paste (NB: Vegetarian only) and Dijon mustard. Season with salt & pepper. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for ½ hour, stirring often. The sauce will reduce and thicken.
- Finish with the parsley and check seasoning.
Serving suggestion: either with Mash and sautéed greens or as a pot pie filling.
CHEF X Shannon Martinez
CHEF X Shannon Martinez | Collaboration announced
As demand increases for more Vegan and Plant Based menu options, the CHEF team has partnered with Shannon Martinez; leading Vegan Chef in Australia.
Learn more about Shannon's philosophy and the CHEF range here
Products used in the recipe
CHEF Signature Red Wine and Port Reduction
Strawberry Panna Cotta Tarts
Chilli Garlic Pan Seared Scallops served with Julienne of Pickled Vegetables, Cucumber Jelly with Seaweed Sesame Seed Sand
- 4 portions
Honeycomb Mousse "Choc Top"
- 24 portions