- Make NESTLÉ Hazelnut Mousse Mix according to packet directions, using 200ml chilled skim milk. Dissolve gelatine into boiling water, reserve.
- Fold 1/3 of stiff egg whites, 1/3 of whipped cream, and a 1/3 of gelatine mixture into NESTLÉ Hazelnut Mousse Mix. Repeat process with NESTLÉ French Vanilla Mousse Mix and NESTLÉ Chocolate Mousse Mix. Place mousses into piping bags, refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Use silicon paper to line 8 moulds 7cm x 6cm deep, pipe a 2cm thick layer of chocolate mousse mixture evenly into the base of mould. Refrigerate mousse mixture for 5 minutes; continue to pipe a further 2cm layer of vanilla mousse mixture on top of the chocolate. Refrigerate for 5 minutes, and repeat process with hazelnut mousse mixture on top of the vanilla, smooth using a hot palate knife, and set aside in a blast chiller for 20 minutes to set and harden slightly.
- When gateau is firm, remove carefully out of the mould. Refrigerate.
- To make ganache, heat extra cream in a saucepan until it simmers, add chocolate, stir until combined, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Drizzle ganache over the top of the gateau allowing to drip down the sides. Place in the fridge and allow to set.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water; bring to the boil without stirring, boil until sugar reaches 155° or until golden. Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- Using a fork, dip into sugar, flick rapidly to create thin strands of candy, allow the strands to cool and harden, carefully bundle and place on top of the gateau, serve immediately.
Milk semi-skimmed 2,7 %
NESTLÉ Docello Hazelnut Flavour Mousse
NESTLÉ Docello French Vanilla Flavour Mousse
NESTLÉ Docello Chocolate Flavour Mousse
Whisked until stiff peaks form
Cream 45 %
Plus 200 ml extra