- Combine mince, onion, spinach, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg and Parmesan in a large bowl.
- Mix well and form into 40 golf ball sized meat balls.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and seal the meat balls until lightly brown. Remove and put to one side.
- To make the sauce, cook onion in olive oil without colour on a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano and red wine vinegar. Cook until almost dry.
- Add BUITONI Sugo ai Peperoni and bring to boil.
- Add meatballs and cook gently with a lid on until meatballs are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh baby basil leaves to serve.
|Baby Basil Leaves to Garnish|
|1||Medium Onion||Finely Chopped|
|3||Cloves of Garlic||Crushed|
|40||mL||Red Wine Vinegar|
|750||mL||Buitoni Sugo ai Peperoni (Peperonata)|
Clove of Garlic
MAGGI Minestrone Soup
BUITONI Sugo al Pomodoro (Tomato Coulis)
Butter bean, canned
Rinsed and drained
Products used in the recipe
Traditional, rich full bodied tomato sauce prepared from whole tomato chunks, yellow and red capsicums, tomato paste, prime vegetables, olive oil and garlic.
Recipe created by ACT National Finalists - Nicole Samson & Felicia Mardo
Hoisin Pork Hock and Kale Pithivier, Roasted Pork Scotch Fillet, Jerusalem Artichoke with Heirloom Beets and Beans
- 4 portions
Mango Rose Mousse
- 10 portions
Taste of Asia
Peking Duck Baos with Hoisin Sauce
- 10 portions