- Combine coffee and chopped dried figs or raisins in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil gently for 3 minutes then remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. Grease and line 16cmx26cm(base) slab pan.
- Preheat oven 180°C conventional. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, add Nestlé Calypso and stir until melted and smooth, returning to low heat if chocolate has not melted completely. Stir cocoa powder into the mixture until cocoa dissolves.
- Pour into a bowl. Stir in sugar, eggs and walnuts. Sift flour and baking powder together and stir until combined. Fold in figs or raisins, remaining coffee mixture and NESTLÉ Carriba.
- Spread into pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out with moist crumbs sticking. Cool in pan.
- Cut into squares and serve at room temperature. Serve with warm fudge sauce and ice cream.
- Chef ’s tip: You can replace the espresso with liqueur like Kahlua, Frangelico or Tia Maria.
Black coffee, unsweetened
NESTLÉ Calypso Dark Compound Chocolate 15kg
NESTLÉ Carriba Buttons 5KG