- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup (170mL) buttermilk
- ½ cup (125mL) water
- 90g butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1 cup (190g) NESTLÉ White CHOC BITS
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 medium (120g) carrot, peeled and grated
- Spray oil for greasing
- 2 cups (300g) NESTLÉ Dark Melts
- 395g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Ice cream, if desired
1. Preheat waffle maker. Sift flour, cinnamon and ginger into a large bowl. Add combined vanilla bean paste, egg yolks, buttermilk, water, butter and NESTLÉ White CHOC BITS. Stir until combined; set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar and beat until thick and glossy. Gently fold egg mixture and carrot into batter.
3. Spray waffle maker with oil, spoon waffle mixture into waffle mould (amount of mixture will vary depending on size of waffle iron), ensure mixture fills all grooves; close lid.
4. Meanwhile in a medium bowl combine NESTLÉ Dark Melts and NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk. Microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted. Serve with waffles and ice cream if desired.
Fennel and Tomato Fish Soup
- 10 portions
- 25 portions
Chive and Scallop Boudin centred with Salmon and Prawn, Coconut, Lime, Cucumber & Radishes
- 4 portions