Duo of Dark Chocolate and Kahlua Mousse
- 4 Portions
Nestlé Docello French Vanilla Flavoured Mousse Mix
Nestlé Arctic Buttons
Nestlé Continental Bitter Kibble
Nestlé Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Put whole orange into a pot and boil for 30-40 minutes. Boil 300mls of cream in a pot, once boiling split into 2. 1 100mls and the second 200mls. Add the 100mls of boiling cream to 100mls white chocolate with 5 grams of orange zest. In another bowl add 200gm dark chocolate and then add the remaining boiling milk to the other chocolate, then add kahlua.
- Once melted, set aside. Whip 100ml’s of milk and mousse mix together. Split into 2. One 30 grams and the rest mix with the dark chocolate mixture. Done use all of it, same some for garnish. Fold the 30 grams of the mousse with half the white chocolate. Put the mixtures back not the machine and whip until consistency. Then out into moulds. Then into the freezer.
- Once orange has gone soft, put into robo coupe with some of the water, blitz until smoothed purée. Then add sugar, poppy seeds and almond meal. Once a bit cooler, add both eggs. Line a really thin tray and spread evenly, then put into oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes.
- For the mirror glaze, put sugar and water into saucepan and bring to boil. Then add gelatine. Once the gelatine has dissolved add the condensed milk, take off the heat. Put 150gm of the dark chocolate into a bowl, to the bowl add mixture and wait till dissolved. With a stick blender blitz for 2 minutes to get rid of the air bubbles. Let the mixture cool to 30 degrees Celsius.
- For the prailene, roast off 100 grams of walnuts. Then make a caramel then fold through, then bash between baking paper.
- To assemble, cut out disc of orange sponge. Then put mousse on top then coat with mirror glaze.
- Put strawberries and sugar into a pot, then add pepper corns in. Boil and blitz, and put through a sieve.