Creamy Black Garlic and Rappa Spaghettini - Shannon Martinez
This creamy Vegan Black Garlic and Rappa Spaghettini recipe was developed by Vegan Chef Shannon Martinez. The CHEF Black Garlic with a mix of fresh herbs, spaghettini and vegan cheese creates a delicious al dente pasta recipe.
- 10 Portions
- 2 ½ Packet dried Spaghettini (1.25kg)
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 120g CHEF Black Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 cup Vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup Vegan parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 bunch Rappa, blanched and rough chopped
- Zest of 2 lemons, juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Ground black pepper
- Boil a large pot of salted water and add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large fry pan over medium heat, then add extra virgin olive oil
- Add CHEF Black Garlic Paste, chilli flakes and sauté for a minute until fragrant. Then add ½ cup of pasta water slowly to the pan, stirring while adding to emulsify. Once combined, add cream cheese and stir until melted through.
- Pull pasta directly from the pot once al dente and add to garlic sauce along with rappa. Toss through to coat.
- Add lemon zest, juice, half of the vegan Parmesan. Season with salt & pepper and give a final toss.
- Plate and serve with remaining vegan Parmesan.
CHEF X Shannon Martinez
CHEF X Shannon Martinez | Collaboration announced
As demand increases for more Vegan and Plant Based menu options, the CHEF team has partnered with Shannon Martinez; leading Vegan Chef in Australia.
Products used in the recipe
The Chinese have used black garlic for centuries. Developed through a fermentation process, fresh garlic is transformed to create a sweet and umami rich garlic flavour to use at any stage of the cooking process. Innovate your menu with CHEF Signature Black Garlic Paste. Products supplied as 6 x 450g. Use approximately 10-40g per 1 litre/kg
Recipe created by TAS National Finalists - Clinton Richardson & Jomarie Gealon
Spice Cured Salmon, Seared Scallop, Curry Leaf and Butter Poached Prawn
- 4 portions
Nitro Cold Brew Mojito
- 1 portions