Garlic & Chilli Beef, Smoked Ox Tail Ragout, Peppered Gnocchi, Dutch Carrots, Charred Baby Leek, Fresh Peas, Pan Tullie, Jus
- 4 portions
1. Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Grease and line 20cm deep round cake pan with baking paper.
2. Combine 200gNESTLÉ Royal that has been broken into pieces and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted; remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat until thick and creamy; fold into chocolate mixture. Fold in hazelnut meal.
4. Place egg whites in same large cleaned bowl of electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form; fold one-third of egg whites into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until just firm to touch. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
5. Meanwhile, combine remaining NESTLÉ Royal and cream in a microwave safe bowl; microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool until thickened and spreadable.
6. Using a serrated knife, carefully slice cake in half horizontally. Spread 1/5 of chocolate mixture over base of cake, top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining chocolate over top and sides of cake, decorate with NESTLÉ Scorched Almonds