- Place chicken in a bowl, pour red wine over and mix in rosemary, bay leaves and garlic. Cover and marinade overnight in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Remove chicken from red wine marinade and dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and dust with flour, seal in a large sauté pan in olive oil until golden brown. Add red wine marinade and reduce by half.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover pan with foil and place in oven for 90 minutes.
- Pick out rosemary and bay leaves and serve.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with a side of polenta and beans.
Bottle of Red Wine
|Sicillian Green Olives|
BUITONI Sugo al Pomodoro (Tomato Coulis)
BUITONI Sugo ai Peperoni
Products used in the recipe
A lightly seasoned tomato sauce prepared from a rich blend of tomato puree, peeled tomato, onion, herbs and spices. It may be used as classic coulis or as a base or finish for a variety of dishes.
BUITONI Sugo ai Peperoni (Peperonata) 3kg x 6
Traditional, rich full bodied tomato sauce prepared from whole tomato chunks, yellow and red capsicums, tomato paste, prime vegetables, olive oil and garlic.