- Seal/sear Beef Shins on an oiled flat top grill. Dust each Shin with 20 grams of MAGGI Jus Lié Mix. Place Shins in a lightly oiled deep gastro pan and add onions, carrots, mushrooms and garlic.
- Add 1 litre of dissolved MAGGI Beef Booster and 500 mls Guinness Beer. Shins should be 3/4 covered. Cover with foil and braise for 2 1/2 hours at 150°. Uncover, baste with liquid and cook uncovered for 45 more minutes.
- Remove Shins and allow to cool so they can be handled. Remove meat from shins and set aside. You should have approximately 2kg of braised shin meat. Strain vegetable from braising liquid. Reduce liquid to a thickened sauce.
- Put 200 gram portions of meat and equal amounts of vegetables into serving ramekins. Pour reduced sauce over contents to just cover.
- Prepare MAGGI Mashed Potato using ratio on label and mix in 250 grams of grated cheese. Transfer Cheesy Potato mixture to a piping bag and top each ramekin. Bake at 170C for 20 minutes and serve.
MAGGI Jus Lié Beef Flavoured Sauce Mix
MAGGI Beef Flavoured Booster Gluten Free
MAGGI Gluten Free Mashed Potato 4kg
Products used in the recipe
MAGGI CLASSIC Gluten Free MASHED POTATO Mix. 4kg
Tomato, Ham and Lentil Soup
- 10 portions
Spiced Roasted White Chocolate Parfait, Sesame and Orange Biscuit with Pear and Sour Honey
- 4 portions
- 1 portions
- 10 portions