Nestlé – TRADE PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Schedule to Conditions of Entry
Nestlé GOLDEN CHEF’S HAT AWARD (“The Promotion”)
The Promoter is Nestlé Australia Ltd. ABN 77 000 011 316 of 1 Homebush Bay Drive Rhodes NSW 2138 and Nestlé New Zealand Limited of 12-16 Nicholls Lane, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand.
The Promotion opens at 9:00am AEST on 4 May 2020 and closes at 11:59pm AEDT on 30 December 2020.
Registrations open at 9:00am AEST on 4 May 2020 and close at 11:59pm AEST on 29 June 2020.
An entrant must fulfil all of the criteria below (“Eligible Entrant”):
To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must before the close of the Registration Period (by 11.59pm AEST on 29 June 2020):
Entries will be judged based on the Judging Details below, to determine entrants that will proceed to Round 2 and Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off.
Maximum entries permitted
Maximum of one (1) entry per person permitted.
All valid entries will be judged by 10am AEST on 6 July 2020 at 1 Homebush Bay Drive Rhodes NSW 2138. The two-hundred and fifty (250) most creative, original and suitable entries will be deemed Round 1 Major Prize Winners and will be awarded with a Round 1 Major Prize. They will also proceed to Round 2.
All Round 1 Major Prize Winners will proceed to Round 2 where their entry will be judged by the Judging Committee in accordance with the Australian Culinary Federation, NZChefs and Nestlé GOLDEN CHEF’S HAT AWARD Judging Guidelines, which can be found at: https://www.nestleprofessional.com.au/golden-chefs/judging-guidelines. Judging will take place by 12pm AEST on 27 July 2020 at 1 Homebush Bay Drive Rhodes 2138. Up to twelve (12) entrants (one (1) per region - listed below) will be deemed Round 2 Major Prize Winners and will win a Round 2 Major Prize. They will also be invited to participate in Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off which will be held in Sydney, NSW between 1 September 2020 to 30 December 2020 (date and location to be advised, see Special Conditions for more information).
Six (6) additional prizes will be awarded for entries which meet the judging criteria above. These winners will be deemed Round 2 Minor Prize Winner’s and will be awarded with the Round 2 Minor Prize. The categories are as follows:
Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off
Round 2 Major Prize Winners will be required to attend the Grand Final Cook-offs which will occur between 1 September 2020 and 30 December 2020 (See Special Conditions below for more information on this element of the Promotion). Judging will take place by the Judging Committee during the Grand Final Cook-offs. Entrants will be judged in accordance with the Worldchefs, Australian Culinary Federation, NZChefs and Nestlé GOLDEN CHEF’S HAT AWARD, which can be found at: https://www.nestleprofessional.com.au/golden-chefs/judging-guidelines. The Entrant that has the most points in the Grand Final Cook-offs will deemed the Round 3: Grand Final Cook-off Major Prize winner (Chef of the Year) and will be awarded with the Round 3: Grand Final Cook-off Major Prize. The Entrant that has demonstrated the most creative use of Nestlé products in their entrée, main or dessert course presentations will be deemed a Round 3: Grand-Final Cook-off Minor Prize Winner and will be awarded with a
Round 3: Grand-Final Cook-off Minor Prize.
All decisions throughout the Promotional Period are at the discretion of the Promoter’s Judging Committee, are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Value of Prize Pool
Up to $27,400AUD.
Conditions of prize
Round 1 and Round 2 Gift Card Prizes:
As per conditions of entry. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be converted to cash.
More information on Prezzee gift cards provided to Australian winners can be found at https://www.prezzee.com.au/doc/terms-of-sale/
More information on Prezzee gift cards provided to New Zealand winners can be found at https://www.prezzycard.co.nz/terms-conditions/
Round 2 Major Prize – travel to Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off.
The Promoter will provide accommodation, meals and reasonable travel costs associated with participating in Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off. Note: See Special Conditions for more information.
Round 3 Prizes:
As per conditions of entry. Prizes are not transferable. See Special Conditions for more information.
Round 2 Major Prize Winners and Round 2 Minor Prize Winners will be notified via email by 5pm on 27 July 2020.
Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off Major Prize and Minor Prize winner will be notified on the completion of Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off, or by end of 30 December 2020 (whichever occurs first).
Prize Winner Publication Details
Round 1 Major Prize Winners will be notified via email by 5.00pm AEST by 6 July 2020.
The first name and suburb of the Round 2 Major Prize and Minor Winners will be published on http://www.nestle-goldenchefs.com.au/ by 27 July 2020.
The first name and suburb of Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off Major Prize Winner and Minor Prize winner will be published on http://www.nestle-goldenchefs.com.au/ The Grand Final Cook-off, or by end of 30 December 2020 (whichever occurs first).
Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off
Entrants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian to all events. Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off will occur between 1 September 2020 and 30 December 2020 in Sydney, NSW. In the event the Promoter is unable to conduct Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions owing to the current Covid-19 situation (including any travel restrictions), it will be the Promoter’s sole discretion to change the format, judging criteria and timing of this element of the Promotion. If the Promoter is unable to fairly proceed with Round 3: The Grand Final Cook-off it may in its sole discretion, allocate the Round 3 Major and Minor Prize between the twelve (12) Round 2 Major Prize Winners.ss
Other special conditions:
All entries and supporting materials become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned. Entrants are encouraged to send copies of any relevant supporting materials, rather than originals.
By entering the competition, entrants agree to comply with Nestlé requests to participate in publicity and promotion of the Nestlé GOLDEN CHEF’S HAT AWARD without payment. The Promoter may request their support in the form of comments for press releases, social media, photographs, video, media interviews, radio and/or television appearances. By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees:
(a) that the Promoter, and/or other affiliated bodies: (i) may use their name, image, photograph/s and performances for publicity and promotion purposes, without compensation and without restriction or limitation throughout the world; (ii) may use, edit and reproduce and authorise the use, editing and reproduction of any images, photograph/s and video/performances; (iii) will own all rights, title and interest in the intellectual property (including copyright) in any such images, photograph/s and video clips/performance obtained as part of the promotional purposes; and (iv) have the right to publish, broadcast and/or communicate to the public any names, images, photo, video/performance on any platform; including posting images or livestreaming the event on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
(b) to fully release Nestlé from any actions, suits, claims or demands which you may have against Nestlé arising directly or indirectly in respect of your participation in the Performance;
(c) to sign a performance waiver or any other document reasonably required by the Promoter in relation to promotional activities; and
(d) to procure, or assist Nestle to procure, consent from your employer, to be named in promotional / public relations material.
Unruly or rude behaviour or failure to follow the directions of the Promoter during the course of the Promotion will not be tolerated. Any participant behaving in such a manner may be immediately disqualified from the competition by the Promoter, at the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow an entrant to take part in any or all aspects of the competition if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion that a entrant is not able to safely participate.
Conditions of Entry
- These Conditions of Entry are to be read in conjunction with the Schedule to Conditions of Entry. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the Conditions of Entry and the Schedule to Conditions of Entry, the Schedule to Condition of Entry prevails.
- Information on how to enter & prizes form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not complying with these Conditions of Entry and Schedule to Conditions of Entry is invalid.
- Standard entry restriction: Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with the Promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- Promotional Period: The Promotion will take place during the Promotional Period. Any entry that occurs outside this period is invalid.
- Entry by SMS: Should the Promotion require an SMS entry, the cost of sending a text entry is the responsibility of the entrant and will vary depending on the mobile network used. Total cost of text entry made within Australia will not exceed 60 cents including GST, whether sent during the Promotional Period or not. Entrants may need to consult their mobile phone provider prior to entering the Promotion.
- Receipt of entries for electronic entries: Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, late, lost or misdirected information caused by an entrant or occurring during transmission.
- Games of Chance: If more than one prize is offered for that draw, the prize with the highest value will be awarded first. If other prizes are available to be won in the Promotion, they will be awarded in descending value. The name of any prize winner will be published on the internet at www.nestle.com.au/productnews/winners
- Games of skill: All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- Verification Requirements: The Promoter may require the entrant to provide proof of identity, age, and residency. Where the Promotion requires the purchase of a product(s), the Promoter reserves the absolute discretion to require any prize winner to produce the original purchase receipt/s for every entry they or their household made during the Promotion period in order to claim a prize. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be invalid.
- Monetary Prizes: If money is offered as a prize, the prize may be awarded in a cheque form or by eftpos transfer to a nominated bank account. If the prize is to be delivered by eftpos, the winner will be required to advise the Promoter of their nominated bank account details for their prize money to be deposited. Eftpos transfers may take up to 30 days to process.
- Tickets to an Event or an Experience: If tickets to an event or an experience are offered as a prize, the prize will be subject to the organiser’s terms. The Promoter is not liable for any cancellation or re-scheduling that may prevent prize fulfilment. The tickets to the event cannot be converted to cash nor replaced if lost, stolen or defaced. Tickets can only be used on the date(s) specified on the ticket.
- Trip Prize: If travel is offered as a prize, flights and accommodation are subject to availability at time of booking. Additional spending money, meals, taxes, valid passports, visas, transport to & from departure point additional transfers, insurance & all other ancillary costs not specifically stated in the Schedule to Conditions of Entry are the responsibility of the winner. It is a condition of accepting the prize that all components of the prize be taken during the trip and all persons taking the trip depart from & return to the winner's nearest capital city at the same time unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter & that all persons taking the trip sign a waiver of liability & an indemnity in the form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Vehicle: If a vehicle is offered as a prize, the vehicle includes registration, 3rd party insurance, a full tank of petrol and all on-road costs. Any additional costs including comprehensive insurance and additional optional extras are the responsibility of the winner.
- Standard Prize Restriction: All prizes unless stated to the contrary are not transferable & cannot be converted to cash.
- Prize Value: Prize value is correct at time of printing, but no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of any prize.
- Prize Delivery: Prizes will only be delivered in Australia and each winner should allow 28 days from prize winner determination for delivery of their prize, or (if required) the date they advise the Promoter of their nominated Australian bank account details for their prize money to be deposited.
- If a prize winner or participant is under the age of 18 years of age: The prize will be awarded to the winner's parent/guardian on their behalf. The Promoter may require a winner under the age of 18 years to be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian throughout prize fulfilment.
- If the prize becomes unavailable: The Promoter may substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value in the event that any prize item is unavailable despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure within Australia. This substitution may be subject to any approval process required by any relevant gaming or lotteries authority if the Promotion is a game of chance.
- Australian Consumer Law: The winner should look to the manufacturer of products and provider of services awarded as prizes for all warranties. These terms and conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision (including a provision of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010) where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void.
- Tampering: The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual entrant or group of entrants for tampering with the entry process. Tampering includes but is not limited to the utilisation of techniques designed to avoid payment of call costs or the making of multiple entries that are not associated with a separate eligible purchase, or submitting an entry which is not otherwise in accordance with these Conditions of Entry and Schedule to Conditions of Entry. Should the Promoter find evidence of tampering by an individual, in addition to declaring any or all entries made by that individual invalid, the Promoter may also preclude that entrant from participation future promotions of the Promoter.
- Risks: The entrant acknowledges that participation in the Promotion and prize fulfilment may involve risk. The Promoter may require a winner (and their companions) to sign an indemnity and release prior to participation in the prize fulfilment or participation in the Promotion.
- Technical Malfunction: If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer network, or lines, servers, or telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s handset or computer related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this Promotion.
- Publicity: Winners may be required to participate in a follow-up interviews and publicity. By entering the Promotion and claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Promoter may use their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and Promotion purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the photograph/s.
- Entry Content: The Promoter may use their entry content, name, likeness, images, photograph/s, film and sound recordings and any other material created during their participation in the Promotion for publicity and promotion purposes for an unlimited time throughout the world without compensation in any media, social media, advertising and/or promoting any goods or services of the Promoter.
- Copyright: It is a condition of participating in the Promotion that the entrant warrants that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property of any third parties. The entrant assigns all rights, title and interest in their entry to the Promoter without compensation. The entrant further agrees not to object to the Promoters use of the entry material on the basis of any moral right. The Promoter may, if required request that an entrant complete any documentation necessary to give effect to this assignment of right, title and interest.
- Liability: The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Disruptive, abusive, unsuitable entries: The Promoter may determine all entries invalid and/or preclude participation by an entrant if an entrant disrupts, annoys, abuses, acts contrary to law or engages in fraudulent misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Tax: Winners should obtain their own independent financial advice in relation to any tax liability that may arise as a result of their participation in the Promotion.
- Promoters Decisions: All decisions of the Promoter are at their complete discretions and are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Social Media: The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Entrants completely release Facebook, Instagram or Twitter from any and all liability relating to the Promotion.